Wether you recently relocated to Hamilton County or have lived in the area your whole life, here are our top 5 things to do with your kids this summer!
1. Farmer's Markets - No matter what suburb you live in, there are plenty of options when it comes to farmers markets in Indy. Get up on a Saturday morning, get the kids in the car, and head to any of the local farmer's markets for a time of family fun. Enjoy fresh local produce, small shop vendors, Indiana sweet corn, and if you see walking waffle, you have to try it! Here are some of our frequent go to farmer's markets! Fishers, Carmel, Noblesville.
2. Children's Museum - Always near the top of our list of things to do with kids in the Indy area is going to the Children's Museum of Indianapolis. Indoors provides lots of fantastic exhibits where kids have the opportunity to have fun and learn something educational. But take them outside this summer to the Sports Legends area where you can play many different outdoor sports and learn about some of Indy's most famous athletes. The basketball courts are the Bulldog's favorite!
3. Victory Field - Summer time wouldn't be the same without baseball. There is something about concession food and the sound of bat hitting a baseball that always fills me with joy. Take your kids on a Sunday game for them to get food. Or watch your kid's eyes light up on Friday nights when they finish off the night with fireworks! If you love it as much as we do, have your kids become Knot Hole kid's club members and take them many more games.
4. Indianapolis Zoo - We love animals at our company, maybe that's why our name has Bulldogs in it. The Zoo is always a fantastic time especially for the little ones. The Zoo is always coming up with new exhibits, new animals, and new shows that makes every time you go like its the first time you have been. Make enough time to enjoy seeing our favorites the sea lions when you show up and again before you leave. The "dogs of the sea" never disappoint.
5. Hiking / Camping - Last but certainly not least is probably our favorite on the list. Every chance we get you can find us on our way to one of Indiana's great state parks to enjoy a weekend of camping or even just a day of hiking. Take the kids for some awesome scenic views, great hiking trails, and a lot of fun. Make sure to pack a picnic or some food to cook over a fire! Make sure to get out to a state park at least once this summer. We recommend Turkey Run, McCormick's Creek, or Brown County.
That wraps up our list of the top 5 things to do near Hamilton County. If you would like to view even more things to do, make sure to check out Visit Hamilton County. We hope you enjoy the summer and make sure to spend some quality family time with your children. They are only young for a short time. Make the time you spend memorable.